Join Our Campaign!
Tea and Talk EVENT CANCELLED
Due to the COVID 19 (Coronavirus Disease) CDC recommentdations and local governing agencies.
To do great work, you need tools. While blood, sweat and tears have built empires, classrooms still need paper,pencils, and books!
We need to provide young girls with the opportunity for a viable education. They need options so that they can benefit from successful choices.
Schools, parents, and community members need to work together to ensure student academic achievement.
“If you teach a man to fish...” Education gives everyone the tools they need to succeed through their lives.
1. Two-thirds of students who cannot read proficiently by the end of 4th grade will end up in jail or on welfare. Over 70% of America’s inmates cannot read above a 4th-grade level. More than 60% of all inmates are functionally illiterate.
2. One in four children in America grows up without learning how to read.
3. Seventy-five percent of Americans who receive food stamps perform at the lowest 2 levels of literacy, and 90% of high school dropouts are on public assistance.
4. Teenage girls ages 16 to 19 who live at or below the poverty level and have below average literacy skills are 6 times more likely to have children out of wedlock than the girls their age who can read proficiently.
5. Reports show that low literacy directly costs the healthcare industry over $70 million every year.