To do great work, you need tools. While blood, sweat and tears have built empires, classrooms still need paper,pencils, and books!
We need to provide young girls with the opportunity for a viable education. They need options so that they can benefit from successful choices.
Schools, parents, and community members need to work together to ensure student academic achievement.
“If you teach a man to fish...” Education gives everyone the tools they need to succeed through their lives.
Join Our Campaign!
1. Two-thirds of students who cannot read proficiently by the end of 4th grade will end up in jail or on welfare. Over 70% of America’s inmates cannot read above a 4th-grade level. More than 60% of all inmates are functionally illiterate.
2. One in four children in America grows up without learning how to read.
3. Seventy-five percent of Americans who receive food stamps perform at the lowest 2 levels of literacy, and 90% of high school dropouts are on public assistance.
4. Teenage girls ages 16 to 19 who live at or below the poverty level and have below average literacy skills are 6 times more likely to have children out of wedlock than the girls their age who can read proficiently.
5. Reports show that low literacy directly costs the healthcare industry over $70 million every year.